Baker’s Dozen Facts About Me
- Born and raised in Metro Detroit, Michigan USA. Mostly in Rochester & Rochester Hills.
- I’m 6’7″ (2 meters) and, no, I don’t play basketball.
- As a child I wanted to act, sing, and write. Still do.
- Making movies and getting into Public Access Television as a teenager changed my life and might’ve even saved it. I started producing shows in 1992 with 30 MINUTES OF MADNESS.
- Graduated magna cum laude with departmental honors from Oakland University with a B.A. in German Language and Literature.
- Taught English in Japan and played in a band there called “The Maiden Names.”
- Graduated from USC’s School of Cinematic Arts with an M.F.A. in Film Production, directing focus.
- Subject of the 2015 feature documentary, 20 YEARS OF MADNESS.
- Playing acoustic guitar and singing almost always improves my mood.
- I love sending (and receiving) post cards.
- I’ve traveled a fair bit and so far my favorite place outside of the United States is Japan.
- I’m partial to the words “myriad” and “sundry” when referring to myriad sundry items.
- As time goes by, I find I want fewer things and more experiences.
My current goal for this site is to house some of the projects that have been important to me. I’m always interested in meeting new collaborators, whether it be in film/video, music, or writing (zines particularly, stories and scripts as well). Also, if you’d like to hire me, I do a number of things well. Use the contact page to get in touch. —Jerry